With the numerous cases of Strep and ear infections this year we were told by our ped it was time to see an ENT (Ears Nose & Throat) Doc .I took the quads by myself this morning to meet Dr. Peiffer. While sitting in the waiting room, Brody looked up at me and said "New Doctor?" Poor lil' guy has seen so many offices and recognized we were indeed, in a new one. Our meeting with Dr. Peiffer only took about 20 minutes. I was SHOCKED at how quickly the babies warmed up to him, but the end of our visit Korbin had jumped into his arms and insisted on playing a game of gig-a-boo (that's peek-a-boo in our house). It's pretty funny trying to have a serious talk with a doc when there's a two year old in his face making him laugh!
A quick look at the ears and throat easily confirmed that each of them were indeed a good candidate for tonsil removal. Brody has had multiple ear infections in the past and although he doesn't have one now, Dr. Peiffer said there is fluid sitting in his left ear. I'll take Brody back in three weeks to check on the fluid. If it's still there, he will likely have tubes put in along with the tonsil removal. Although it might sound crazy to some, Dr. Peiffer, Dr. Reyes and I agreed it would be best to get all four in and over with at the same time rather than splitting them. Right now we have no set date for surgery, but it looks like it will be another 4-5 weeks or so. We'll keep ya posted on the subject as we know more!