Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pita the Elf

We had a great Thanksgiving and spent the day at Papaw's house with friends and family! I absolutely love this time of year, the cooler weather, being with family, the decor...everything. With 4 two year olds who are starting to understand a little of what Christmas is all about, the magic is in the air!


Many of you, I'm sure, are familiar with the Elf on the Shelf. I just heard about it last year but apparently this little tradition has been around for years. In case you're like me and out of the loop, let me fill you in. The Elf on the Shelf comes to your house at Christmas time and watches your children during the day. Each night your elf flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa Claus, letting him know if the child was on their good behavior or not. He returns each morning and can be found sitting in a new place to keep an eye out for another day. After learning about the little guy, I knew we eventually would have to get one. Having forgotten about it since last Christmas, I went to my Mom's house a few weeks ago and there it sat... a fancy white box that contained our very own Elf on the Shelf!


We put up our Christmas tree a few days ago (yes, before Thanksgiving) and today I introduced the quads to the elf who would be visiting us daily until Christmas. They all sat and gazed with excitement as I opened up the special box this morning and they all yelled "SANTA CWAUS!!!" when they saw the little elf sitting inside. I explained to them he was an elf from the North Pole, Santa's helper, and told them he was here to see if they're being good or bad and how he would report to Santa each night. At two years old they don't really grasp the whole idea but the wheels are slowly turning! I told them we needed to name the elf and Brody's first response was "Christmas Light". Kylee came up with "Pita"....sorry Brody I think we're going with Pita.



Pita also came with a book, explaining just what he does for Santa and reminding the kids to be good rather than naughty! Find out more about the Elf on the Shelf by clicking here! Click here to see Santa's elves in training camp!We'll keep you posted on our new pal Pita!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...