Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Little Downer in Quadville


I told you it was a roller coaster ride :/

The other night Bret and I noticed Korbin not being as "lively" as usual, we thought he was just super tired. We would talk to him and he wouldn't open his eyes or grip our fingers. The nurses started noticing it as well and were concerned he might be getting sick. The doctor ran some tests and he is showing some kind of infection. We should know what it is within the next day or so. Miss Kylee is also not feeling so great and they have done the same tests on her. They are both back on CPAP and on antibiotics but are looking a little better today. Baxlyn had some blood work done as well and although she doesn't seem to be sick and is acting fine and alert, one of her levels were low. She, Korbin, & Kylee all had blood transfusions within the last 2 days. Brody is still doing well however, the doctor told us his little brain is still slowly swelling. They will continue to watch and measure his head before making the decision to do spinal taps or surgery.

Many of you are asking what you can do to help us. Unless you can heal my babies or put them back in my tummy.... pray! That's really all that can be done right now. As far as cleaning and cooking at the house, we're ok. I caught up quickly when I was finally able to get around. Now when the babies come home we will take you up on it ;)
Thank you all, please just keep praying :)

Not quite a family picture... yes, Korbin is missing.
He's not mobile just yet... but we will get there!
Kylee, Mommy, Baxlyn, Daddy, & Brody


Mommy and the girls!






Daddy feeding Brody!


Sorry it was a short update... gotta get back to sharing the love in the NICU :)
-Heather

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the complications. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be keeping ALL of you in my prayers. We went thru so many of the same things that you are going thru now with JuJu. ANd you have seen her! She is truly a result of prayer!
    Let me knwo if you ever need to talk!
    BIG HUGS,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying as we speak! They'll all be just great, I now it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a speedy recovery and that the roller coaster is on its way back up...

    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been thinking of you all a lot lately and keeping you in my prayers.

    Hugs and Love,
    Deanna in KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics of you guys holding them. Too bad Korbin couldn't be in the pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...