Saturday, July 11, 2009

Randomness...

Kind of a random blog here covering multiple subjects!
First of all update on the last blog. Bad news, insurance is refusing to cover the cranial bands... ugh. So-called "good news" the company will "discount" the bands for us to $2500 each... thanks guys but that's still not gonna happen. We checked out another cranial place that our our insurance covers "rarely" they said. Have an appointment there in a couple of weeks. Several doctors have written letters to the insurance company trying to persuade them so we have not given up hope just yet. Were still certain it will work out somehow.
To answer the question from the reader on the last blog. The "Quads Rule" onesies some friends had made for us. No idea where, you might try an online printing place??? We love them! The hair bows, I assume you are asking about the red ones they wore on the 4th of July. We bought them at a place called Kid-to Kid, a cute shop who buys and sells gently used kids clothing and accessories (the bows are not used). They have a huge selection of sizes and colors. These particular ones ran about $8 a little pricey BUT I figure spend eight bucks and it will last a long time rather than buying a set or 4 at Wal Mart for $5 that they'll grow out of in a month. They are made of nylon material so they'll continue to stretch with their growing heads!
Babies practicing their torture... I mean tummy time. They hate it.


Korbin found his thumb, I love it! It takes him a while and he scratches the HECK out of himself trying to find it but he eventually does and goes to town! As you can see he doesn't really know what to do with the other fingers yet so there's always one or two in his eye... up his nose... all over the place :)



Korbin and Baxlyn went to the developmental pedi this week. They were weighed for the first time since their 4 month check up. At 4 months Baxlyn weighed 9lbs 8oz and Korbin 10lbs 3oz. I was thinking by now Baxlyn should be close to 10lbs... try 10lbs 12oz!!!! In just three weeks... crazy! Korbin now at 11lbs 5oz! I'm thinking Brody has to be pushing 13 by now... geez!

Brody has been the only one without his bumbo until now (thanks Worsham family!) so I had to get a pic of them all together. They're still a little bit small for them but not too much longer.

Some GREAT news, they are all sleeping through the night :) Rarely someone will have a little meltdown at 5am-ish, but for the most part they go from about 8pm-8am! YAY babies!
L-R Baxlyn, Kylee, Korbin, Brody

Last but not least HAIR LOSS... not daddy.... yes the babies are all loosing their hair. Baxlyn has always been on the bald side, on top anyways. Last Monday Bret and I noticed Kylee's at the same time, it was all of a sudden the girl was bald. The whole right side, top, and back has hardly any hair at all. I was holding her the other day kissing the top of her head and wondered why my lips were hairy (nice picture I know) and I realized her hair was falling out like a shedding dog... eww! I immediately went to Brody and sure enough his pretty hair is fading away as well... one little pull and i can get like 20 hairs. Korbin is loosing his but only like 2 at a time :)
Much more to post soon enough!
-Heather

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Korbin is too cute sucking his thumb, I just love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I understand the "torture" ours are getting a little better but there are many meltdowns with tummy time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww too bad their losing their hair! My first lost most of her hair, but my second never did. :) Korbin is a cutie w/ his thumb in his mouth. Mine are both thumb suckers. ;) I hope you figure out a way to get them to be able to have the helmets! If we had the money I'd give it to you in a heartbeat! Good luck with that and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so adorable! It is so funny because they are almost exactly the same size as my little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. They are too cute. I was an avid reader of your blog but somehow wasn't a follower and couldn't get back to it. After blog hopping tonight I found you again. They are getting so big. I make hair bows for my girls and I would love to make your girls a matching set. They are expensive to buy so I learned how to make them and after several months of practice, I am getting pretty good. Let me know if you are interested. You can just leave a comment on my blog with your email address or something so we can be in contact.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...