Monday, October 31, 2011

6 Week Boot Camp O v e r !

So I mentioned a few weeks ago about the fit camp I was participating in with one of my BFFs Anna. After 6 weeks (minus 4 lazy days) of dreading the alarm clock and dragging my slow tired self out of bed at 4:40am I am glad to say it's over! Friday morning was our last day and I was happy to sleep in "guilt free" this beautiful Halloween morning!

The workouts were every morning Monday through Friday at 5:15am and ended at 6:05am, leaving me just enough time to get home and sleep for another hour or two before the babies got up. Each day varied as to what exercises we did and we covered all parts of the body from head to toe (although my poor abs might as well be non-existent, I swear nothing will ever help them). From working with resistance bands and ropes to LOTS of cardio and high intensity intervals I, no doubt, got the most exercise I have since my athletic high school days. My favorite part we did ZERO running! Other than that, you name it, we did it... jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, squats, squat jumps, high knees, buttkicks, and who could forget those fabulous burpees. The jumping, oh my gossshh, the jumping. I had no idea there were so many ways to jump. I could go on and on, the workouts were intense and felt never-ending but left me feeling glad I went and super accomplished!

In my favor, my follow up measurements and assessment were this morning, Halloween morning.... just hours before my house would be filled with a ton of non-needed sugar and candy. Had Matt come tomorrow morning, I might have been in a bit of trouble! For now though, I'm sitting pretty and the scale is my friend :) Over a 6 week period I lost a total of 6lbs 6oz and approximately 8 inches! Whoop whoop! Worth getting up at 4:40am every morning, I think so! It's a good thing when your trainer measures multiple times, just to make sure what he was seeing was right!

I'll leave you with a laugh...well it had me rolling atleast...

Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!! Here's to me NOT eating my weight in chocolate over the next week...ahhh!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's inspiring and very impressive, you look so tiny to begin with. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...