Sunday, January 27, 2013

Is it possible to have "Baby Fever"....when you already have a baby?

....I'm beginning to wonder, for real. I am so so stinkin' in love with this guy I can hardly contain it. I can't kiss him enough, I can't smell him enough, I get can't get close enough, I just CAN'T get enough! I seriously wonder how people stop having babies. No worries, Bret can easily and very quickly give me a {long} list of reasons to call 5 the perfect amount for our household ;)
Annnyyyywayys, Blade is now 3 months. Threeee months. THREEE months?! Sheesh it goes entirely too fast!
 Our sweet number 5 is doing great, healthy and growing like a weed. The smiles are non-stop and over the last two weeks he's started giggling too, like belly laugh giggle and I LOVE it! He's currently in a size 2 diaper only because we don't want to waste this last box - size 3 is just right around the corner. He's wearing mostly 6 month clothing and taking a whopping 5-6 ounces every 3 hours or so during the day. At night he'll go anywhere from 4-8 hours between feedings. By two months adjusted the quads were sleeping through the night (a good 10-12hrs between feedings) consistently. Although Blade gives us a really good stretch every so often it's not consistent. Hoping he can knock out night feedings permanently very soon! Bret and I trade off night feedings and luckily Blade always goes right back to sleep. We can be up have him changed, fed and back in bed within 15-20mins or so. 
We fianlly started letting him sleep in his crib about 2 weeks ago - Brody, Baxlyn, Kylee & Korbin slept in their cribs from the start. Mr. Blade got that special perk of rooming with mom and dad for a while ;) He did great and the transition couldn't have gone smoother! 

Brody & Blade. Brody ADORES this baby more than anything. He HAS to kiss him good morning, loves to talk in a high squeaky baby voice to him and BEGS to carry him around. Although he knows the rule is no trying to carry Blade he asks everyday and says "Mom, Mom,  I carry him to you. I won't drop him. I'm stwong. I can do it, I'll do it, Mom." Poor guy wants to so badly. He even told me the other night I could let Blade sleep in his bed with him. After telling him that Blade has to eat during the night, he told me he could feed him his bottle when he was hungry. SUCH a BIG heart, that little boy!
 Blade gettin' a little tummy time in! He is sooo close to rolling over it's not even funny.I'm afraid once he does he's not gonna know what to do. He's not quite a professional on his tummy just yet so he's in for a sweet surprise once he does flip and realizes he can't roll back! Thanks to stretches and additional tummy time, his head shape is looking much better and his lil neck isn't so tight - based on experience, I *think* he'll dodge the DOC band. - Love you Cranial Technologies, but I'd rather avoid it ;)
 Little dude still sleeps a ton during the day. He wakes up, watches the brothers and sisters for an hour or two then crashes again. This may come as a HUGE shock to some of you, but he's NOT on a schedule! I know, right? Me? Heather Cox? Everything scheduled to a T since day one with her quadruplets doesn't have sweet number 5 on one? Nope! Besides the eating every 3 hrs during the day, he takes the lead. Obviously having multiples on a schedule is a must but I always thought I would be the same this time around. That being said, he's only 3 months, I'm sure things will change as he gets older. 7pm is usually my cut off time in the evenings. Bret and I do our best to keep him up for a good 2+ hours so he's good and worn out before bed.
Here's a good look at his size in comparison to the others. I'm guessing he's getting close to 16lbs which makes him literally half (or over half) the weight of his almost 4 year old siblings!

Sweeeeeet sweeeet babyyyy!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy!!!! Our Jack is reeling his triplet siblings in, too! Funny having sturdy babies after peanuts:). Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have almost 5 month old (Thursday) and he's huge like Blade. At 4 months he was 18lbs 14 oz. I just bought him 12 month clothes yesterday. He also started rolling yesterday. Fun times. His sister is 28 months and she's only 25lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blade is adorable--no wonder you can't get enough of him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...