Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Huge Thank You!

For the first time in a long long time, I spent the entire day in my house alone. ALONE.

I didn’t sweep my floors, clean up any spills, scrub food off of the floor or have to remind anyone to flush the potty. I didn’t wipe any tears, wipe any butts nor was I forced to play referee among my little offspring. I didn’t hear {or sing along with} the voice of Elmo, Sophia, Dora or Bubble Guppies all day long. I didn’t have to close any doors behind me as I left a room for fear I’d find the baby brushing his teeth with toilet water or coloring the walls with sharpies.

So, what did I do? I watched my little people make a little appearance on the news just after sunrise in celebration of them starting kindergarten next week. I ordered pizza and didn’t have to share. I jammed to Boys II Men and Mariah Carey all day like I did pre-motherhood. I worked on the blog, in peace. I organized, cleaned, and rearranged like a mad woman. I also got their drawers and closets cleared out and organized by size and season. I de-cluttered toys, found 25 random, lonely socks, and found things I didn’t know they owned. I also got all of the laundry done, down to the sheets and blankets on their beds!

Their shout on on Fox 4 for back to school!

quads on news 2014

I love to change things up a bit so after cleaning and de-cluttering the boys’ room I added and rearranged furniture! Yes, our five year olds are still using their cribs/toddler beds. Our winter project should change that ;)

blog br

blog br2

Next up, the girls’ room. It’s no secret I’m big on organizing, but I also love symmetry. The boys’ and girls’ rooms (and bathrooms!) almost mirror each other perfectly in the way they’re set up. I know, I know, I may have issues.

blog gr2

blog gr

I often give “hired help” a thought, especially when it comes to cleaning their bathrooms. It’s amazing to me what a bunch of 5 year olds can do to a bathroom in just a day, especially the boys. Toothpaste, oh my word, the toothpaste. On the wall, the counters, gobs of it on towels, the toilet seat (I know, sick, right?) it’s everywhere. If it weren’t kind of important on the hygiene list and they wouldn’t suffer from dragon breath, we would write off brushing teeth altogether. I’ll save you the details as to where I have found urine in the boys bathroom. Gag. Anyways. Today everything got a good bleaching and it’s sparkly clean until they step foot in their bathrooms tonight.

blgo girlsbr

blog bbr

After finishing up with the quads’ territory, I tore down Blade’s room and put it back together. Got rid of all of his “baby” toys and organized his hand-me-down clothes from his big bros. Yes, his crib is turned backwards. That is our temporary fix to the whole problem we had a week or so ago.

blog bbyr

blog bbyr2

Last but not least was the playroom. Everything in it’s place, just as it should be…for the time being. Ahhhh feels good!

blog pr

blog pr2

Having five kiddos at home often makes me feel like it’s all I can do to keep my head above water. Thanks to my mom and sister who so graciously agreed to take my fab five for the day, I now feel a bit more relaxed and on top of things, even if just for a little while!

We’ll have to do it again soon… I kid I kid ;) Really though, THANK YOU!!! Sleep well tonight, Lord knows you’ve earned it!

7 comments:

  1. You are very welcome! We had an adventurous day! By 10 AM somehow the boys had the toilet overflow and flooded the hall bathroom. The Lord only knows how! We bought an inflatable 10' family pool and had a blast (Aunt Beth fell in-NOT ON PURPOSE!) Watched a movie, took a nap, the quads played Mario Kart with cousin John, ordered pizza for dinner! We will rest well tonight! Blade became less afraid of our dog Manny! He would just stand back, put his finger out and yell, "no,no,no,no", even if Manny was just passing through! Cute! Glad you had a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we're tired!! But blessed!! It's always fun to be around them when they do or say something new. Aunt Beth forgot to mention the therapist was here for Brody and Kylee for an hour too! We did have fun and are glad you accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you get all of that done in just one day? I am exhausted just reading it. I plan to do my son's closet after labor day and I think that project alone will take me 3 days! (clothes from the age of 3-9 are neatly piled in there----who am I kidding, they are shoved in any way possible to close the door)!. Any advise other than to wait 6 years to do it? I feel overwhelmed by household chores and I only have 2 kids (3 if you count the hubby too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine getting one room tore down and cleaned in a day. You are super woman! Everything looks so nice and sparkly. Thank goodness for that help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a tv in five year olds room. Do they get cell phones at six?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon #1 Their closets weren't too bad to start with. I try to go through them several times a year, which I think has been key. It's never gotten too out of control! It may take a fulls days worth (or longer!) but it's so worth it and makes life just a little bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon #2 Yes, they do! They've actually had them since they were 4 (Gasp!). That being said, they're not hooked up to any kind of actual television and are only DVD players... not that that should concern you. Not sure what age we will decide to give them cellular phones... stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...