Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Korbin’s {self-inflicted} Haircut

So Bret and I took Kylee & Brody to a (rather long) appointment at Scottish Rite Hospital today. Sweet Nana was kind enough to devote her day to the grandkiddos who were to be left at home. Blade still sleeps a good chunk of the afternoon and Baxlyn & Korbin are like two peas in a pod. They love to play together, rarely fight, are helpful, pretty independent…etc. Surely, Nana didn’t have much to worry about, ehh?

So Bret and I are headed back home when my phone rings. My heart SUNK when I heard my mom say “I’m afraid I have really bad news…” on the other end of the line. She went on to tell me that Korbin had attempted to give himself a haircut after Baxlyn got into the “child-proofed” closet of the playroom and retrieved the scissors. I couldn’t help but laugh when she told me. I was relieved not only to find out it was nothing too serious but also to find out that they didn’t attempt to re-style Baxlyn’s hair.

Here’s what his final do looked like. Mom described it looking like a puzzle missing several pieces. I personally think it looks like a weed-eater got ahold of him. You can decide for yourself.

From the front, things don’t look too bad… (Check out the guilt written all over his face!)

Korbin's Haircut1

But a slight turn to the left annnnd……

Korbin's Haircut

I asked if he jabbed himself in the forehead (there where you see the little blood mark) and he denies that ever happening ;) He told me it had been “too long” since they’d been to the hair cut place (for the record it MAY have been all of 2 weeks ago) and although he thinks it looks great and that his teachers will love it, he will not do it again in the future. HE may not…but now I KNOW the idea is floating around in the other little minds around him.

It was bound to happen sometime, right? Here’s to putting all the scissors up one drawer higher!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! Yes, it was bound to happen and I'm so thankful it was one of the boys! Never a dull moment! Love, Aunt Beth (AKA Sis)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...